Back in my vegan days, one of my favorite past-times was learning how to make vegan versions of some of my favorite foods. Sundays, however, always presented a problem, as most game day foods usually didn’t lend themselves easily to vegan cooking. A good friend sent me this recipe a few years ago for Vegan Cauliflower Wings, and ever since I’ve been trying my own variations on this very easy dish.
Somehow, I was able to muster enough strength to cook up a batch today, as to not show up at my sister’s place empty-handed.
It must be a “Big Game” miracle. Here’s today’s version of Vegan Wings:
Gluten-Free, Vegan Wings
- 1 cup flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour)
- 1 cup milk (Unsweetened Original Almond Milk)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons smoked paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon Ancho Chile powder
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Hot Sauce (Cholula, or use your favorite)
- Vegetable oil or vegan butter
Wash and cut up your caulifower into bite-sized pieces and set aside. Mix up your batter (flour through ground pepper) and then toss the cauliflower pieces in the batter to coat. Bake at 450 on a greased baking sheet, for about 15 minutes, then put under the broiler for another 5 minutes. Toss the wings in your hot sauce (slightly thinned with vegetable oil or vegan butter).
Vegan Wing Dip
- 3/4 cup Vegan Mayonnaise (Hellmann’s)
- ~2-3 Tablespoons Almond Milk
- 1 teaspoon Italian Seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1-2 pinches Himalayan sea salt, if needed
Combine all ingredients and serve.
Go Falcons! (Just for today),