So, about this Instant Pot situation. I’m a bit hooked:
The beau came home with a beautiful 6 lb chicken and a bag of golden potatoes, so of course I had to see what this beautiful appliance could do.
-1 6-lb. chicken
-1/4 c. olive oil, plus more for drizzling
-1.5 tablespoons smoked paprika
-1 tablespoon ancho chili powder
-1 tablespoon garlic powder
-1/2 tablespoon brown sugar
-1-2 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
-1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
-1/4 teaspoon black pepper
-1 small onion
-3 tablespoons parsley
-3 carrots, chopped in quarters
-1 celery stock, chopped
-2 garlic cloves, chopped fine
-3 cups water
– 1-2 tablespoons parsley
1. Wash and dry your chicken, making sure to remove and giblet packets.
2. Make rotisserie rub by combining olive oil through black pepper. Rub chicken with olive oil mixture, placing some under skin and inside cavity.
4. Place half of the carrots, celery, parsley and garlic inside chicken cavity.
5. Place the other half of the chopped vegetables in the bottom of Instany Pot with water.
6. Put stuffed chicken on steam rack, lower into Instant Pot. Seal cooker, pressure cook on high for 25 minutes. Do a natural release.
7. Place cooked chicken in a greased pan and drizzle with some olive oil. (You can also add extra smoked paprika, ancho chili powder and salt).
8. Put under broiler on high for about 2-4 minutes. Watch closely as skin crisps up quickly!
9. Let rest for about 10 minutes before serving. Garnish with fresh parsley.
Garlicky Golden Mashed Potatoes
-2.5 lbs golden potatoes, washed and chopped in half, skin on
-1/4 yellow onion, chopped fine
-2 cloves garlic, smashed
-2 c. water
-3 tablespoons butter
-1/2 cup whole milk
-1/4 cup cream cheese
-salt and pepper to taste
1. Place 2 cups water in instant pot. Followed by steam rack. Place potatoes, onions and garlic on rack.
2. Seal Instant Pot, Pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Do a natural release.
3. Unseal Pot, drain potatoes, onions and garlic and place in large bowl.
4. Using a hand mixture, whip potatoes, garlic and onions with butter, whole milk, cream cheese to desired thickness.
5. Season with salt and pepper.