I have no idea where I first saw this recipe, but I know it’s been circulating around the interwebs for a many years. It’s one of those recipes that looks super impressive when served, but it is amazingly simple to make. Whoever came up with this originally: You are a genius.
Here’s how I made mine:
Cheesecake stuffed strawberries
– 1 pint of strawberries
– 1 bar of your favorite milk or dark chocolate
– 4 oz. cream cheese
– 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
– 1-2 tablespoons confectioner’s sugar (more if you want a sweeter cheesecake filling)
– 1/2 teaspoon vanilla flavoring (or the inside of 1 vanilla bean)
1. Melt your chocolate, either over a double boiler, or in the microwave, stirring every 15-30 seconds to prevent scorching.
2. Wash and gently pat dry your strawberries. Cut off the tops and a small part of the tip of each. (This will allow your strawberries to stand straight up when served.)
3. Carefully hollow out the top of each strawberry.
4. Dip the bottom of each strawberry in chocolate and place on a foil or parchment paper lined cookie sheet. Place in the freezer to let set for about 5 minutes.
5. While your strawberries are setting, whip your cream cheese, cream, confectioner’s sugar and vanilla until fluffy.
6: Fill each strawberry with about 1 teaspoon of cheesecake filling. (I piped mine into the strawberries using Ateco #30 tip)
6. Garnish with sprinkles, or drizzle with remaining chocolate.
7. Chill until ready to serve.